The Friends Fund provides an opportunity for community members to express their support of Bowdoin's world-class liberal arts education.
Gifts to the Friends Fund are critical in helping Bowdoin maintain and enhance academic, artistic, athletic, and creative opportunities to which both current and future generations of students and community members will have access. Support of the Fund demonstrates a commitment to the liberal arts education and unique experiences that Bowdoin provides.
For those who wish to designate their Friends Fund gift, there are five areas of support:
- Academics: Support faculty-student research, faculty enhancement, the Libraries, and Information Technology.
- Arts & Culture: Support the Museum of Art, Arctic Museum, dance performances, concerts, and lectures.
- Comprehensive Aid: Support students’ access to the entire Bowdoin experience, including travel, study abroad, technology, and medical expenses.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiatives: Support student diversity initiatives and programs, such as leadership development, speakers and training for faculty and staff.
- Environmental Stewardship: Support research and extracurricular educational programming for green initiatives and upgrades to campus facilities.
- Financial Aid: Support current spending for scholarship grants, which are provided to nearly half of current students.
- Student Life: Support student activities, clubs, service trips, and the Center for the Common Good.